Where do you live & what do you play?
Posted: 24 February 2007 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Corporal
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-12-02

I live in Lafayette,In. I play WAB(Late Romans,Arthurians,various Barbarians & Dark Ages) Lately, my interest in Flames of War has been rekindled when I finished painting my buddies DAK company. Now I have a regular opponent! I’m working on a French & Indian war project and am interested in the British in India.
I’m a member of HMGS-Great Lakes & HMGS-Midwest. I’m looking forward to attending Little Wars in Lincolnshire,Il in April.

John

Posted: 24 February 2007 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  693
Joined  2004-11-21

Your friendly editor lives in Ann Arbor, and plays Fire and Fury, Warhammer Ancients, Napoleon’s Battles, The British Are Coming (15mm), Boxer Rebellion (25mm) games with a variety of rules, Moro Rebellion (25mm) with a variety of rules, Plains War (25mm) with a variety of rules, WarZone, Ironclads, French and Indian War (25mm) with a variety of rules, and more.

In short, I’ll play anything with Lead and Dice.

Posted: 26 February 2007 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Major
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2005-11-20

I live in St. Johns MI. I play Desperado,Warhammer 40K, Battleground WW2, Brother against Brother, Battletech, Mein Panzer & My home grown fantasy rules. I am a skrimish gamer at heart & will give any good skirmish system go. (Although it is not a skirmish game, I like Fire & Fury)

Signature 

Chris

Posted: 11 March 2007 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Lieutenant
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2005-09-12

I live in Liverpool UK.
I play mainly 28mm post apoc/near future games such as Combat Zone, Babylons Burning, and Skank. I also have a soft spot for 28mm VSF, Pulp and Sci -Fi using modified Combat Zone rules. I also have GASLIGHT and SG2 to try.

I also like Autocombat games in Hotwheels scale such as Axels & Alloys and Dark Future.

Occasionaly I like a game of Full Thrust.

Posted: 01 April 2007 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Colonel
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2006-11-20

I live on Cape Cod in the People’s Republic of MA. and the current gaming interest is 28mm WW2 skirmishes using Disposable Heroes. I’m a big Sci Fi fan however and have played VOR, Void, Warzone 2nd & Ultimate Eds, Urban War, 5150, Bugs!, Stargrunt2 (one of my favorites), Star Mogul, Necromunda, Dirtside, and Full Thrust.

I just picked up Rezolution and I’m keeping an eye on Infinity too. Urban Mammoth is slated to release an updated version of Void, to be called Metropolis, but I’m not holding my breath. If it ever shows, I’ll get it tho - I found Void to be a good workable set of rules. I tried 40K a couple times but it never took. 

I use my own set of generic sci fi house rules called “Dead Run” to introduce new gamers to the hobby, so that gets a lot of use, only because it’s quick & easy and doesn’t cost anything. So to answer the question: it’s that and Disposable Heroes right now.

Which brings me to a question…. I’d like some feedback on Dead Run. Are there a couple people who’d like to do a read thru and playtest some games? It’s a small scale skirmish game and you can use any Near Future/Sci Fi figs. Thanks.

Posted: 03 April 2007 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Major
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-20
bohica - 01 April 2007 07:58 AM

I live in Fowlerville/wbberville area of Michigan.  I play pretty much anything historical in the way of skirmish.  I game in 15mm, 20mm and 25/28mm.  I’m a terrible painter and a rules junkie.  My favorite rules are currently the Face of Battle series written by Mike Ball and some of the various rules written by Chris Peers

HEY THERE!

I work in Lansing. We should hook up for a game!

Signature 

Chris

Posted: 13 April 2007 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Major
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-20

Roger that! I completely understand. cool smile

Signature 

Chris

Posted: 19 July 2007 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Corporal
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2005-10-18

Mmmmmm. I’m now based in Crowborough, East Sussex, and game with whatever rules strike my fancy (mainly whatever I’ve just gotten in to review). My personal collection consists of 25/28mm figures and vehicles from the Normans to WW2, with a few odds and ends of other periods thrown in. If I get invites, I’ll play other rules and scales, but refuse to purchase kit in anything but 28mm.

On PC I play Sniper Elite, Day of Defeat (Jochen Peiper’s better@dying) and CFS1, although I’m about to install CFS3 now.

Signature 

Comte du Flandre/Immelmann

http://mainly28s.com/

http://olaf-meys.co.nr

Posted: 06 June 2009 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Corporal
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2009-04-17

Portland,Oregon. I game in 1/600th-3mm for my Air,Ground and Coastal gaming. WWI,SCW, Winter War,WWII,Korea and Vietnam.  1/4800 for WWII Naval.

My 1/600th-3mm Yahoo Gaming Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/1-600thMiniatureAircraftWargaming/

Posted: 23 August 2009 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Major
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  304
Joined  2009-08-23

I live near Lahti, Southern Finland - though I’m not a local. I hail From Essex, England. I haven’t played anything proper, always lurked on the fringes. Just started getting some figures together and downloaded Tactics. Hope to start playing some WWII solo games soon.

Signature 

VF-19/VF-191

Posted: 14 January 2010 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Corporal
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2009-09-24

Thought I’d keep this going!  I live in Sandusky, OH.  I play most anything but prefer Ancient/Dark Ages, Aztec/Conquistador, F&I, Napoleonics, Colonial (Sudan/NW Frontier), WW I, WWII, Modern/Sci-fi, Zombies, Fantasy/LOTR and Martian Empires just to name most of the ones I own!  Other than that I will try anything once!

Signature 

Adapt, overcome and game on!